Please contact us if you have a question not addressed here, via phone or email, thanks!
- Phone: 10 AM – 5 PM (Central Time) Tuesday through Saturday, 573-221-1928
- Email: email@example.com
What does AVA Original mean?
- AVA Original means that it is a piece you can only get from AVA Goldworks. Some AVA Originals we might remake in different colors, but it is still a unique piece you won't find anywhere else. When we list a piece as a one-of-a-kind AVA Original that means that it is one-of-a-kind. We might make something with a similar look, but if you love it you should get it before it's gone!
Metals and Gemstones
- The jewelry listed on this website is all .925 sterling silver. Solid sterling silver, not rolled or plated. You can clean it with a Sunshine polishing cloth which will remove tarnish and small scratches in the silver from wear. We have the polishing cloths listed for sale under the "Chains & misc." page. All stones will be listed on the individual jewelry listing. We use a variety including semi-precious, flame fusion sapphires and glass jewels.
Are your gemstones enhanced?
At AVA Goldworks, we only sell gems that we would want to buy ourselves. When you are shopping for a colored gemstone, you should assume that the gems you see for sale are enhanced by trade-accepted practices like heating. Some varieties are practically always enhanced. AVA Goldworks does not sell gemstones that have been treated in non-standard ways like bulk diffusion, glass filling, lasering, or coatings. If you have any questions about any of the stones used in a specific piece, just let us know! Because we sell a combination of natural, created (flame fusion sapphires), and glass stones in our sterling silver designs, we are always happy to answer any questions you might have.
What is a flame fusion sapphire and why do you use them?
- A flame fusion sapphire is the same chemical composition as a natural sapphire, but it is made in a lab. These stones are a 9 on the Mohs Hardness Scale (a diamond is a 10) so they are durable. You get the beauty and the hardness of sapphire, at a more affordable price. Our Flame Fusion Sapphires are available in seven colors: Mint Green, Blue, Raspberry Purple, Pink, Red Pink, Orange, and Lime Green. We only use Flame Fusion Sapphires in our Sterling Silver jewelry. If you see a sapphire in the Gold Gallery, it is a natural stone.
Yes. All silver eventually does tarnish. How long it takes depends on the chemistry of your skin and whether you live near the ocean. There are lots of great silver polishes available, we recommend the Sunshine Polishing cloth, sold under 'Chains & Misc.', when your silver does need polishing. The good news? The more you wear it, the longer it will take to tarnish. (We love any excuse for wearing more jewelry more often!) It also helps to store your jewelry in small ziplock bags to help eliminate its contact with oxygen.
What's my birthstone?
- January - Garnet
- February - Amethyst
- March - Aquamarine
- April - Diamond
- May - Emerald
- June - Alexandrite or Pearl
- July - Ruby
- August - Peridot or Spinel
- September - Sapphire
- October - Opal or Pink Tourmaline
- November - Precious Topaz or Citrine
- December - Blue Zircon, Turquoise, or Tanzanite
Ordering, Shipping, Gifts, and Returns
How do I purchase AVA Originals?
- Online: 24 hours a day.
- Phone: 10 AM – 5 PM (Central Time) Tuesday through Saturday, 573-221-1928
- In-person: 211 Center Street, Hannibal, MO 63401
I added an item to my cart. Does that guarantee I have the item?
- Your cart is not guaranteed until you proceed to check out with your order. We do our best to maintain an up-to-date inventory, but during times of increased shopping traffic, inventory discrepancies can occur. If we are unable to fulfill your order in its entirety, you will receive an email notification, and will be refunded the purchase price for any sold-out items. Please allow up to one week for credit card charges to be reversed.
- All of our online ordering processes use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, which protects your information. If you do not feel comfortable placing an order online, you can place it over the phone by calling us at 573-221-1928, Tuesday through Saturday, 10 AM – 5 PM (Central Time).
How much is shipping? How long will it take to get my order?
- Currently we offer FREE shipping in the United States. Pieces will be shipped priority through United States Postal Service. We will get your package to the post office within 2 business days (Tuesday - Saturday). If you order it on Tuesday, it will ship by Thursday. If you order it Sunday, it will ship by Wednesday. We do our best to make people happy with our beautiful jewelry. Call to request special express delivery and we'll do it if we can. It may require Fedex overnight delivery or Saturday delivery, which are both an additional charge.
- We ship worldwide, to 239 countries, for a flat rate of $15.00. Shipping times vary, and can take several weeks depending on your location.
I want to send a AVA Original as a gift, what do I do?
- When you check out, put your address as the billing address and we will send you the receipt. The address you want the gift sent to will be the shipping address. We will package the piece with no price tags, and tie a ribbon around the box.
- IN STORE SALES: We offer exchanges with 30 days, minus tax. Please provide your receipt, no exceptions.
- ONLINE SALES: We are happy to offer store credit for any items purchased and returned, within 15 days of date of receipt of the package. To be eligible for an exchange, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original AVA packaging. To complete your exchange, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- If you wish to exchange an item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 days of receiving your item, before returning it. Send the item(s) you wish to return to: 211 Center Street, Hannibal, Missouri USA 63401. You will be responsible for paying the shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. We recommend using a track-able shipping service &/or purchasing shipping insurance. If we don't receive your item, we can't issue you a store credit. Store credit does not expire. When you are ready to use your credit, email us the details of what you want and we will help you checkout with your store credit. Please let us know if you have any additional questions about our return/exchange policy.
Sizing, Pricing, & Warranty
How do I determine what size connector I need for my interchangeable bracelet?
- If you don't know what size bracelet you wear, measure the length of one that fits the way you like. Some people like a loose bracelet and some prefer a tighter fit. Decide what centerpiece you want, and subtract it's width from the total bracelet length. For example if you wear a 7" bracelet and you pick out a "Sun" connector (1" wide), you would pick a 6" connector. The centerpiece widths are from smallest to largest: Moon (3/4"), Star (1"), Sun (1"), and Crescent (1 1/8").
I love a ring but it isn't my size, can you size it?
- Currently, the rings listed in the Silver Catalog are sold the size listed. If you are interested in a piece in a different size, email us. We might have something similar (currently not listed), or can discuss other options. If you are interested in a Gold, Platinum or Palladium ring we can discuss options via phone or email.
Do you price match if an item I purchased goes down in price later?
All sales prices are final. All our pricing is calculated using current precious metal and gem prices to give you the best possible value. These prices do change from time to time and our prices do too.
Does AVA Jewelry come with a warranty?
- We have a one-year warranty on the workmanship of all our jewelry. If you damage a piece or chip a gemstone, we will be happy to discuss repair options and fees. Call 573-221-1928, Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm (Central Time) or email email@example.com.
Repair and Custom Work
Do you repair jewelry? Replace watch batteries? Do appraisals?
Because there are only three of us, we limit the services we offer. We focus on what we do best, which is designing and making the inventory for our showcases. We only repair jewelry purchased from our store. We don't do anything with watches, because we aren't qualified horologists. We do appraisals, but only on pieces purchased from our store. This leaves us time to create the one-of-a-kind jewelry that we are known for.
Can I get a custom made piece of jewelry? Can I get my gemstone/diamonds set in an custom AVA mounting?
At this time, we no longer create custom orders or set customer's stones in AVA mountings. We have a vast assortment of designs to choose from in our showcases. It's more fun to try on the jewelry in our gallery and select your perfect piece to wear home!